As an agent for Allied Van Lines, Inc. Columbine Moving & Storage and Allied Van Lines, Inc. are honored by the 2017 “Women’s Choice Award” for the “America’s Most Recommended” moving company. The origin of the “Women’s Choice Award” was founded by Medelia Inc. owner, Delia Passi. Her commitment to giving women a voice on selecting services like Columbine Moving & Storage/Allied Van Lines, Inc. and other identifying brands and products, gives women an important measure on how companies and industries stack up against others in their field. This saves these women time and money by getting it right from the start. Women account for 85% of all consumer purchases and having them honor Allied Van Lines, Inc./Columbine Moving & Storage shows a commitment to helping women make smart choices. The Women’s Choice Award is a symbol of excellence in customer experience for the moving industry by the voices of women who are the ones meeting the estimator, packers, and then the movers on their move dates.
Check out the video produced by Allied Van Lines for 2014 giving you a short concise list of moving tips. With these 10 smart practices, you will cover your bases deciding upon what mover to use.
- Check the identity of your mover. Do they physically have an address? Do they have a phone number? Do they have a “Motor Carrier’s Number”? Are they a PRO-MOVER?
- Always get an in home estimate. Make sure a salesman from the moving company’s office physically comes to your residence to properly estimate the weight of your shipment.
- Is your mover a member of the Better Business Bureau? Check them out if they are and if they aren’t, then it select a mover who is a member of BBB.
- Know your rights when you move. You salesman will give you the “Your Rights & Responsibility” Booklet.
- Ask about “Extra Care Protection” plan.
- Avoid large down payments
- Get your estimate and all documents in writing or email.
- Take your valuables with you.
- Ask questions like:
- Will you pack my stuff?
- Is this a guaranteed price?
- When will my things arrive?
- What happens if something is broken?
- Make sure that the driver and the agent have all your phone numbers. Be reachable by phone.
Many factors will come into play when deciding how to choose how to move your furniture? In our years of experience, the number one factor is usually the price and unfortunately price shouldn’t be the deciding factor. Other factors that can come into play, are you physically able to move furniture yourself, do you have the expertise to stack a U-Pack or Pod or rental truck yourself so no damage will occur, do you know how to drive a truck etc. These are questions to ask yourself when deciding between a full-service moving company or a self-move company.
Being an owner of a moving company, I would love for a potential customer to do an onsite visit to our warehouses in Aspen and Eagle, Colorado. The client could see how their goods are being stored and who they are dealing with. This is not always possible. Here are some tips that we suggest when selecting a moving and storage company. Due diligence when selecting a mover is time well spent.
You have a child off to college in the fall. It is time when you have to start accumulating the things that your child may need for their college dorm or apartment. Here is a list of ideas that we at Columbine Moving & Storage have learned for packing and moving a college student.